Substance Abuse Self-Assessment
You may be wondering if an addiction assessment or addiction quiz exists to determine if you or someone you love has an issue with substance use. You can take our substance abuse assessment for free to get a recommendation on whether treatment is necessary and what kind of treatment would be most beneficial.
Am I Addicted?
Click on our “Am I addicted?” quiz to take a free assessment of your current substance use. There are some signs you can look for in yourself or a loved one if you are wondering about possible addiction. Some of those include:
- Substance use has caused problems in your relationships.
- Substance use has caused problems at work, school, or other responsibilities.
- You have tried to stop using the substance but were unsuccessful.
- You exhibit symptoms due to your substance use, such as shakiness, vomiting, anxiousness, or depression.
- Others have expressed concern about your substance use.
What To Do if I Am Addicted?
If you are concerned that you or a loved one is addicted to a substance, there are treatment options available. A good first step is to speak with a medical professional for recommendations on what level of care you need. You can speak with one of our specialists at California Rehab Campus to hear more about the available treatment options.
Most research shows that if you enter treatment and stay for the recommended amount of time, you will see improvement in your substance use disorder. Treatment centers like California Rehab Campus are fully equipped to guide you in the process of recovery.
How To Support Your Loved One?
You can show support to a loved one struggling with addiction by helping them find the care they need. You can also:
- Educate yourself on the chronic nature of addiction as a disease.
- Help get your loved one into a rehab facility.
- Encourage them when things get hard and let them know you are always on their side.
- Attend any group or family sessions that the treatment team invites you into.
- Contribute to a healthy environment for when they leave rehab by removing triggers and accessibility of the substance.
Ultimately you do not control the recovery journey of your loved one, but you can help them through the challenging process.
Where Can I Take an Addiction Quiz?
Seeking treatment can feel like a daunting task. An easy first step is to take our free online assessment, which will ask you questions about your substance use and give you a recommendation about whether you need addiction treatment. This quiz is anonymous and confidential. Addiction recovery is possible, and this assessment could be the first step on your recovery journey.
Self-Assessment: Am I Addicted?
Disclaimer: Only a medical or clinical professional may diagnose a substance use disorder. This assessment may serve as an indicator of a potential addiction but should not replace a diagnosis from a professional treatment provider.