Ethical Bill of Rights
Every treatment provider operating in the state shall adopt, and make available to all clients and prospective clients, a client bill of rights that ensures that persons receiving treatment for a substance use disorder have the right to all of the following:
- To be treated for the life-threatening, chronic disease of substance use disorder with honesty, respect, and dignity, including privacy in treatment and in care of personal needs
- To be informed by the treatment provider of all the aspects of treatment recommended to the client, including the option of no treatment, risks of treatment, and expected result or results.
- To be treated by treatment providers with qualified staff.
- To receive evidence-based treatment.
- To be treated simultaneously for co-occurring behavioral health conditions, when medically appropriate and the treatment provider is authorized to treat co-occurring conditions.
- To receive an individualized, outcome-driven treatment plan.
- To remain in treatment for as long as the treatment provider is authorized to treat the client.
- To receive support, education, and treatment for their families and loved ones, if the treatment provider is authorized to provide these services.
- To receive care in a treatment setting that is safe and ethical.
- To be free from mental and physical abuse, exploitation, coercion, and physical restraint.
- To be informed of these rights once enrolled to receive treatment, as evidenced by written acknowledgment or by documentation by staff in the clinical record that a written copy of these rights were given.
- To be informed by the treatment provider of the law regarding complaints, including, but not limited to, to be informed of the address and telephone number of the department.
- To receive ethical care that covers and ensures full compliance with the requirements set forth in Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 10500) of Division 4 of Title 9 of the California Code of Regulations and the alcohol and other drug program certification standards adopted in accordance with Section 11830.1, if applicable.
California Rehab Campus LLC DBA Alter Addiction Treatment – Dana Point
California Rehab Campus – Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center
33861 Granada Dr
Dana Point, CA 92629